Thursday, October 30, 2008

california!

After Australia, I spent a few days days in California with my friend Michael. Since I'm going to be turning my blog into a 'tick' blog, most of these pictures were in fact ticks!!!
This first one is Santa Cruz, a big beach town near San Francisco.


Sea lions hanging out in Santa Cruz.

The next day Michael and I went on an adventure to Monterey Bay and Marine Sanctuary!More sea lions hanging out.







We did see an otter but it was too far away to capture. (in a picture of course!)




That was for you Jess.

We then made our way to Carmel to see the Carmel Mission.



Michael told me that there was a Redwood forest around so we HAD to go to that! The worst part of that forest was that I saw a SNAKE! I got very scared and Michael didn't even see it. Poor me.




I had a very good time in California and got quite a few ticks. No picture of the San Andreas Fault even though I was on a train along the fault line. Next time!

3 comments:

michael ann said...

tick tick tick!!

aw, i miss that week.

Sargent Family said...

for clarification purposes "ticks" are check marks, not parasites!

love the pics ris, i like the third to the bottom-BADONKADONK!!! (in a good way)

oh my gosh, i just looked and my word verification is "sester" how weird is that

Anonymous said...

awe, i love the redwoods. easily my favorite place in the world!