Friday, February 13, 2009

music therapy

In my music therapy class, we have to write a lot of songs that relate to our clients and that we can use one day. This week's assignment was to create a song that encourages movement and motor skills to a 12 bar blues. I'm pretty proud of mine; I have trouble coming up with lyrics, even if they aren't deep and thoughtful feelings. Anyway. Here it is.

I like to go swimming
I like to do the front crawl
The breaststroke is fun too
And the butterfly
Swimming swimming swimming
And maybe a dive or two
Yeah

I like to play soccer
I like to kick the ball
I pass it with my head
They pass it back
Dribble dribble dribble
I score a goal

I like to play volleyball
I like to bump it
I set it high high high
I spike it down low
Pass set crush
I win the game

I like to do ballet
I like to arabesque
First position, second position
I do a plie
Then I twirl twirl twirl
I'm doing ballet

--That's it. They'll do the actions. They may even come up with their own verses. My future career is awesome.

3 comments:

Sargent Family said...

oh my goodness! can we sing that in primary please? it looks like so much fun!

Wiggles said...

That's pretty cool. Your lucky client. Yes, yes, let's sing it in primary.

Kathy Wilson

Monica said...

Great! Music is therefore an excellent therapy. A touch of music in one’s life makes a really big difference. RAV Vast are my music https://ravvast.com/catalog/drums/ravvast.