Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Church and Work

I finally went to the Geelong Ward on Sunday and it reminded me how much I miss family wards! This old couple and their friend took me to church and they were very nice people. They said their fast sundays are usually very eventful but the most eventful thing that happened was that a women bore her testimony about Geelong winning the footy that week (I'm pretty sure she has some mental problems but it was still a little funny). There were about 20 girls that came in late and it turned out they were from BYU! Small world. They were nurses studying and playing here for a month. It was so nice seeing people my age and that I can relate to. They invited me over for dinner last night too! It was so much fun! The sister missionaries were there as well and I had a chat with one of them. After dinner they decided to make a video of all the adventures they had while being here, I left before it happened but their hair and makeup was silly enough!
In other news: I've been working in the office with Norma. I was only supposed to work 2 days but it's rapidly turned into full time for this month. Although I'm very tired (I have to wake up at 6!) it's worth it. Tomorrow I'm working at their other site and I'm a little nervous about answering phones all day long! Just because I was born here, I still have a hard time deciphering some of their accents!
I have lots of pictures to put up with stories to go along with them, I just need internet on my computer to do so, so have patience!

1 comment:

Sargent Family said...

im glad you updated. im also glad someone bore their testimony about geelong. mom and i agree that our testimony meeting was the most normal it has ever been!