Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rattlesnake Mountain

After being away from New Hampshire for 8 months, I was very eager to see the outdoors again with all the lakes and trees everywhere. My friend Meg and I decided to hike Rattlesnake Mountain and ski down it! It was the night after a big storm so we were the first ones to touch the new snow.At the bottom of the trail.

Waist deep pow! That did not make it easy to walk up in though!


OK-we didn't make it to the top; it was so much work even getting to the first ledge! But you can still see the lake and I love the fact that trees are in the way.



I can't resist!

Our big downhill slope!
Meg decided she wanted to climb this ledge and ski down it.. Right after I took this, she did a HUGE tumble down the rest of that. It was pretty funny, and even better, she didn't get hurt!

I probably wouldn't ski down Rattlesnake again, but possibly another mountain next time I'm home!

No comments: