Friday, May 25, 2012

first week of school!

I have survived my first week of school here in Peru. It has been really fun and I am certainly not regretting my decision of coming.

The school ranges from 2 years old up to 6th grade. I spend most of my days with the 2-5 year olds. Being with kids this young is kind of new to me, especially to have a whole classroom of them. They are very well behaved considering their age, but they are still very loud and very active. I'm finding that I don't have too much patience with them haha. I'm here to learn too, right?

When I am with the older kids, it's pretty fun. I walk into the classroom and the teacher hands me the English book, I read it over really fast, and then give the lesson. It works out pretty well and I just hope that I'm actually helping them. There are numerous students who used to live in the US and are very excited to tell me so.

This week in kinder (ages 2-5) it was a week to celebrate kinder! I don't know how else to word that. There were special activities for them each day like a puppet show, a little dance etc. One day there was a parade. They were so cute! This is when I discovered that we are like 2 blocks away from the ocean at the school. I had no idea. They all had signs that said things like "we love our kinder garden!" and "education is important!" At one point one of the teachers started chanting "e-school! e-school!" It made me laugh. Today we had a party for the same reason.

I'm a failure of taking pictures, but I will soon!

No comments: