Saturday, October 13, 2012

otoño en utah

One of the things I miss most about New Hampshire is the foliage in the autumn. It is so remarkably beautiful and I don't know how I have survived without it for so many years. I always say that the Utah mountains are ugly because they don't have trees on them. I still feel that way, but I went on a hike in the canyon and finally found some beauty. 

I tried to find an area that was all color. I think I did it. Hiking in Utah is different because there are no trees, so it's always hot; you never get shade. So to find an area with all trees was an accomplishment!

I went with my friend Sarah and her sister. It was so nice being outside in the fresh air enjoying God's creation with such good company. 

I did this hike a few years back, and unknowingly did the same exact pose. At least I am consistent!?

We went at the perfect time!


I loved how this tree was all by itself. It adds to the beauty, I think. 


I just love the many colors of fall. Six different sections of color in one picture. I should go fall hiking more often!

No comments: