Thursday, May 15, 2008

moving



I'm officially moved down to Torquay, although not officially unpacked. That'll be never. I never know how to pack for 4 months. It's hard. Looking back at my blog though...I realized that I completely missed talking about Thursday!! Me, Les, and Rob went into the city again to get my birth certificate and to just see what was going on. We got off the train at the new and improved Southern Cross Station (formerly Spencer St Station) so here I am under the new roof:We got my birth certificate (boring...but didn't take too long). We then walked around a few blocks and they took me to their favourite alley way (a lot of alley ways in Melbourne have cute little clothing stores and cafes) so here I am there:We THEN went over to the Art Museum right next to the Yarra River and saw an exhibition of Sidney Nolan. He is from St Kilda and is most famous for his "Kelly" paintings. Very Picassoish but his later stuff is beeeutiful in a very different way. Simply amazing! We also went into the Top Arts exhibition. This is grade 12 students' artwork. Ohmygoodness. It is unbelievable. It's so not my medium so I think that just adds to the amazingness. But my favorite was Leo Bagus Purnomo's, who made a human out of bark with way deep meaning. Just fan.tastic. All of were kind of pooped after that so Les and I headed back and made some more food for the trip. A wonderful little day trip into the city which will be repeated when I go back!

The past 2 days I have been in Toquay. It has been very relaxing and just catching up with this family and trying to organize myself. I need to look for a job soon but I think a little relax time is good. Oh! So I've been meaning to work out and get fit for a while now but have been too lazy. But I am motivated now! I've told Bek all about my plan and she's in on it too. We're going to cycling, swimming, or running (ok ok power walking) everyday. AND they have Wii Fit which is amazing. So a mix of those two things and although I won't be coming back tan this summer, I will be coming back fit!!!

Delilah is adoooorable. She calls me mummy. But then again she calls Rob dada too soooo...She loves giving kisses and being held and I'm OK with both of those things! Today she puked all over me. I should have been expecting it sooner or later. Judah and I bond over Wii. He was helping me today with Galaxy and loves doing WiiFit as well. (We all know how much I love watching people play vid games!). Josh took me downtown today and to an overlook over the ocean. It is beautiful. I almost went swimming today the air was so warm. But everyone says the water is way cold, and I didn't have my bathers anyway. Maybe tomorrow.!

7 comments:

Sargent Family said...

didnt we see sidney nolan's stuff in...sydney?

marisaj said...

mmm. yes. a little bit. this was everything though.

michael ann said...

i feel like i learned about that train station roof in my interior design class...

Sargent Family said...

also you look really good in those photos! your hair looks different...did you wash it?

marisaj said...

blow dryed and straightened. a lot of effort, but apparently worth it?

Anonymous said...

i'm super excited to read about your adventures. just for the record.

Felisa Love said...

Marisa. i just want to say that everyone--meaning cass and kristi-- talk about you like crazy. Meaning they miss you. hahahaha. PS Delilah is SO cute. and azn. hooray!