Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Well Oh My Gosh. Tonight we went to Toff in Town- a restaurant/bar in Melbourne. Pretty fancy. Delicious food, even better dessert. But then in another part of the bar a few bands were playing. First were The Sly Hats. A guitar and a keyboard. The keyboardest could be best friends with Bill Gates and the guitarist looked like he stepped out of 1990. But he could sing. And play guitar. And keyboard. They rocked. They even had a beat machine for the drums. And their bass player was missing because he was at someone's first communion. Presh.

The next band was The Motifs. I had checked them out before to see if they were any good and quite enjoyed them. So the curtain opens and there are literally 4 teenagers standing in front of us. They were all very nervous and their stage presence was not that good. 2 keyboardists, a guitar player, and a drummer. You know I can't resist me some keyboard! So they played. Each song was about 45 seconds long. Each song had clapping. But I loved their oooh's and aaah's. AND they had light up tamborines. I need to get one!

All in all, what I got out of this experience was that there is still hope for me! That if these nerds can make it, so can I! We just need to get some lyrics going and we'll be awesome! And listening to beginner bands gives me ideas as to where I want to go with my band? Or just musical pursuits.

1 comment:

michael ann said...

light up tambourines?! yes please!!

new goals for this summer: write lyrics for our postal service band.