Monday, March 29, 2010

March 15

This week went by so quick. Actually this whole transfer has. It is incredible when you literally lose yourself in the work how much happier you are and how fast the time goes. Fantastic.
Well. First things first! Our baptism! Deliaaaa. She is originally from the Bronx so she has a big accent and it's fantastic. And she has a great smokers voice as well. She used to go to the spanish ward and right before christmas she started going to ours and we began teaching her. She had to overcome smoking but is great and loves the church. She bore her testimony at her baptism and said "I know the church is true. And I'll fight anyone who tells me otherwise...again". And she would. And has. She is so solid and recognises God's hand in everything. She's also the best missionary ever. She talks to everyone in her complex and we're teaching quite a few people because of her!
Because we are visitor center sisters, we get to go to the temple one day a week. Because there is no visitor center at the temple, we sit outside and talk to people who are curious about this big white building! We have pictures of inside the temple and everything so it's a great experience. We met all sorts of people and I'm excited to go back! And because we were outside for 6 hours, I got a nice big sunburn! My favorite!
Oh did I mention our stake had 13 baptisms this weekend? The Elders in the spanish ward baptised a family of 9 but I'm glad to be part of that 13! Go Chula Vista!
Well that's all I can think of this week. But I just love being a missionary more and more everyday. I have the best companionship in the world! Time is going too fast! I am so blessed and my testimony is growing so much and if any of you are ever feeling blue, go help with missionary work! I promise it will make you feel better! I love you all!

No comments: