Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 8

It seems like I have nothing to say after reading Abby's email. My companion who was in the mtc with Abby just said "she and I have very different missions". It's so true. We barely even heard about it let alone feel anything. It shows how much Heavenly Father does love us though. That all the missionaries are OK and that we are protected here by not knowing anything about the world.
This week went by very very fast. This week was MTE (missionary training exchange) where President trains us on things for the mission. This transfer's theme was having a vision of the work. Not just from day to day or hour by hour, but for the future of our wards and for our lives and the lives of our investigators. He told us to DOUBT NOT. Which is very hard! We are such a doubting people but it's made me think about what I'm saying and how I'm feeling about things. When we doubt we are putting a limit on the Lord. How dare we! So we've been working on that a lot.
Along with that, my companions and I have been working very hard on how we can make the tours more spiritual and not just oh that was a fun tour. Missionaries don't give tours like that! So we studied a lot on asking questions, listening, leave something behind....aka chapter 10 in preach my gospel. It was so helpful and we already feel the difference in the tours. We've also been trying to relate everything back to the gospel esp in the outfitting room where before it was a history lesson: here's a belt. it had to be white the whole time. but now we say that but also add something maybe like this: we too need to remain white and in this world it's hard and we have the desert around us where it is hard to remain white but with effort we can do that. It's been a lot of fun figuring out how to do it and people are noticing as well.
Well it looks like our friend Delia is actually getting baptised this week! We are SO excited for her! She bore her testimony yesterday and thanked the sisters for coming over all the time. and only mentioned my name. I love being a Johnson! Easiest last name ever! But our trio has been on fire this week. We have been going on a lot of splits which is so fun. We get to do double the work which is especially good because we only have half a day to do it!
Well I think that is all for this week. There is no where else I would rather be right now. That is for sure

No comments: