Sunday, June 24, 2012

El Centro

El Centro is what it sounds like, the center of Lima. As I was writing the title, I realized it was one of the areas in my mission! That El Centro, however, is in the middle of the desert, not a big city.
Well! Yesterday we went to El Centro and did some exploring! We started at the catacombs but weren't allowed to take pictures. I really loved being in there and being the music major that I am, loved the choir seats and the music book they read from. It was really cool going under the church and seeing the catacombs and the secret hallways.

 These birds randomly all started flying in circles. It was slightly scary.


 These balconies are all over Lima. They are in the Spanish section of Lima (when Spain was in charge) dating back to the late 17th century.
 Cathedral.
 What's a day in Lima without a jumping picture!

 Cute Incan dolls!




The best part of the day? It was SUNNY! Por fin! It was a really really fun day. We also went to Chinatown, but I didn't take pictures there.

No comments: