Wednesday, February 3, 2010

December 7

It has been an insane week. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything to be normal here because my MTC was so crazy and my first week here was crazy. But this past week we had MTE-missionary training exchange. We went to different areas and trained them to be better "preach my gospel" missionaries. We had training in the morning and then told our people in the afternoons with them. So I was way up north (haha, our mission is so small north to south) and I can't think of what the area is called right now. So I was with two other Sisters. It was really neat to go to their appointments to see how they did everything (begin teaching, material, commitments, working with members, etc) and I probably learned more than they did. We are really just focusing on reviewing our work with the question "did we fulfill our purpose" and with that we become better missionaries.
OH OH OH OH. But on the way there the first day it was at 8am so it was really heavy traffic and we go rear-ended! Yup. First full week in the mission and an accident already. We were all OK just our back bumper go hurt. And the bik. Which meant that I didn't have to bike last week! Like I thought I was going to have to. It was a blessing in disguise for me =] So that was Tues-Thurs.
We're doing it again this week but only my companion is training. So I'm still in our area with another companion for the week. AKA I am senior companion! After two weeks! heavely Father trusts me a lot! I am really nervous and then realize it's selfish to be nervous and that He will take care of it if I put my trust in Him. I have learned how important it is to pray and kneel every morning. He blesses us so much more when we are doing the little things.
we met an awesome lady this week who has so much potential and has the desire. We're excited to teach her more. I would like to say my Spanish is improving but I don't think it is! But my understanding is improving which is half the battle.
We also had a cool experience with a newly convert family. We were going to teach her neighbor and she wasn't home so we just went to their house. It was in Spanish so I didn't understand much and just played with the 2 year old. But apparently they had been fighting and were not planning on coming to church the next day so it was not by chance that we were there that night to tell them how important it is to go to church and to fast for peace in the hom the next day. The Lord put us there for sure.
Oh, and another cool thing. My companion, Sister Zaldivar, was in Abby's district in the MTC! Small world huh! Well that is all I think! Thank you for your prayers and support. It makes a huge difference knowing I have those things with me all the time =]
love love.
Hermana Johnson

No comments: