Tuesday, February 2, 2010

November 30- I'M IN SAN DIEGO!

I honestly don't even know where to begin. I can't believe I haven't been here even a week; it seems like a lifetime! So I'll try to start from the beginning. After the letter I wrote to you.
Wednesday another sister and I went with two other sisters just for the holidays. Transfers were on Friday this week so they could still be with their wards for the holiday season. Wednesday we taught quite a few lessons and about half are in spanish. I understood enough to know what was happening but not enough that I felt like I could respond. They had 2 children getting baptized that Saturday so it was just doing last minute things that whole week.
Thursday was Thanksgiving! two people in the ward asked to have us over so we split 2 and 2 and so we covered both grounds without getting too full =] We still taught and visited people that day. Never a break!
And then Friday was transfers! And it turned out that the other sister and I were staying with these 2 sisters...but now we had our own companions.
SO! My companion's name is Sister Zaldivar. She is originally from Argentina, but has lived in Utah since she was 6. But her Spanish is perfect because her parents speak it all the time. You know how I was telling you how they just made new PMG (Preach My Gospel) videos? Well these 2 sisters were the only sisters in the whole thing! They stopped filming last week. So they have a lot of experience with missionary work. I am in very good hands and I'm so glad President put me with them!
We all live in the same aparment (Sister Voyles and Sister Ruiz) and it's great fun. Oh, and I'm in Chula Vista (my first area!!) There are 4 wards and a branch in this area but we cover the ward. It's English speaking but still a lot of Spanish people go. There's a whole Gospel Doctrine class just in Spanish. So about half of my appointments are in Spanish. It's Good. Easing into it=]
So already I have 2 baptisms! haha. Mark (9) and Jenny (12) their mom is not a member so we're going to start working with her a lot more now that the kids are baptized. The ward is amazing at missionary work; always giving referrals and stuff. Maybe you should start thinking of some people so I can talk about my home ward being just as good at missionary work. It really is so important. they know the people in the area better than we do obviously so their referrals are more promising and such. So we're busy all day with appts and it is awesome. And it RAINED the other day, which is quite rare for San Diego so I was very happy. We are right on the border pretty much. I see TJ everday (Tijuana). The work is great here. I am happy every single day. I LOVE YOU!

No comments: