Wednesday, February 17, 2010

January 11

Sister Zaldivar and I made it through transfers=] Still in Chula Vista in the English Ward at the Stake Center. This ward is incredible. I'll start with highlights and then low lights.
Pamela got baptized yesterday! It was an amazing baptism. She had a ton of family there and a lot of the ward was there to support her. She is an incredible and strong woman. And Gary baptized her! We had an FHE with them on Monday to practice the baptism and it was really cute. And she got the Holy Ghost right after the baptism because Stake Conference is next week. I'm so glad that I could meet her and be part of her life.
OK so now onto the low lights.
Two of our investigators go their 3 day notices last week=[ (eviction) One of which was Vanessa who was a star! She moved to Santee with her mom for a little bit and is still being baptized next week. This strengthened her faith and she is being so optimistic about everything. The other investigator is Delia. Who has been going to church for forever now but has never been asked if she wanted to be baptized. But she has to move out by Tuesday, I believe. Times are tough down her in Chula! But the people are strong and optimistic. I don't know if I could handle it! I'm still doing great. I love being a missionary. I don't think there is anything better! (and on a side note. we went to the zoo today!) I love you all! Continue to pray-Heavenly Father hears our prayers and he answers them as well.

No comments: