Wednesday, September 8, 2010

April 5


We had transfers this past week. I'm still in Chula Vista. Still with Sister Zaldivar! 4 transfers together! That is very rare so we are very excited! But we did lose Sister Story =[ Luckily we see all the sisters everyday at the Mormon Battalion! We also moved to Old Town! Now all the sisters live there as well! Right across the street from the Mormon Battalion. I've never not lived with other companionships so this is weird! But it's been good.
Well the most exciting news of all from me is Maria is getting baptised this Saturday! We have been working with her since I've been here and we had a great lesson and Spirit was so strong and she got her answer. We are so excited for her!
Our Easter was uneventful except for the Earthquake! But because it was in Mexicali we barely got anything here. and I was in old town which is north of San Diego so we were just in the apartment and suddenly I said "is there an earthquake?" and Sister Zaldivar said "yeah i think so" and it just felt like we were on a boat and the only thing that moved was on the blinds-the thing that turns the blinds. But apparently in Chula (our area) houses were swaying and stuff. No damage though. We were talking to one of our investigators who was in Mexicali and he said he was scared and that some pretty serious damage happened. Our mission goes out that far (but not across the border) and all the missionaries are OK. So nothing compared to the earthquake in Chile.
I have finally figured out a good way to get referrals in the Mormon Battalion. I had really been struggling with that but it is just a matter of me opening my mouth and then the Holy Ghost will put the right words out there. I did my first tour in spanish all by myself last week too! Thank goodness for the Spirit- I could not have done it with out it!
General Conference was amazing. There were so many talks on how important the family is and how we need to be teaching the gospel in the home because that really is the only place that they can truely learn. Satan knows how important families are too and that's why there's such an attack! And it's just doing the little things to keep him out. Praying as a family, bearing testimony, reading scriptures together. Just amazing and simple things.
Well I think that's all for this week! I hope you all had an amazing Easter! We are so blessed to have Jesus Christ in our lives and the hope that He gives us.

2 comments:

michael ann said...

IM SO GLAD YOU'RE POSTING THESE AGAIN! keep up the good work ;] haha

Sargent Family said...

don't worry michael, i have them post dated up through the 21st, so you've got plenty to read!