Monday, September 13, 2010

May 18

Obviously we had transfers this last week. obvious because Sister Zaldivar went home. But I am now a mother in the mission! I am training. Which means she just came out of the MTC. But she is a way solid missionary. She loves teaching and is way good at it too! I am so blessed to be training such an amazing missionary! She's from Utah. I guess Heavenly Father is trying to teach me something because all of my companions have been from Utah! We found this awesome lady this week who is super interested and has a lot of family who is LDS as well. We're really excited to teach her. We are also starting to work with members more because we know that that is the BEST way to find! We know we are going to see so many miracles this week because of our hard work. We also had a lot of cool people come to the battalion. This was our best week referrals wise so that was pretty exciting. And as for a small miracle story: I can speak spanish! We are working with a family who primarily speaks spanish but we went in speaking english, but by the end we were making jokes in spanish and laughing and set up another appointment. It was so cool for me because up until this point, I couldn't speak that much. I know it was my own fear keeping me back or maybe because I had to speak spanish! I didn't have a companion who could talk for me. It was really really neat and it built up my confidence a ton to speak spanish. Well I guess that is all! Keep working hard. The Lord lifts us up right when we need to be. I have seen it so much this week. As I open my mouth to speak more than I have so far on my mission, I feel like it's not even me talking. A great feeling.

No comments: