Wednesday, September 22, 2010

August 10






It's true. I got transferred AGAIN! My time was very short in the Logan Heights branch but Heavenly Father knows where I'm needed. As you might remember, I "whitewashed" into Logan Heights-which means both of us were new to the area. Well, I'm whitewashing AGAIN! This time into the Sweetwater 3rd Branch. It's also a spanish branch and it's only about 3 months old so they're still building it up-I gues that's my job! And the best part of all of this is...that I'm training again! My new companion is Sister Lee from Idaho and she just came from the mtc. Everyone in the branch is calling her "verde". I am so blessed to be able to train another sister-they really have so much to offer and our spanish should explode! It's hard starting at scratch again in a new area, but we are excited about the possibilites that lay ahead and everything. It is so neat to see Heavenly Father bless me with the ability to speak spanish. I couldn't understand half of what was going on a week ago, but now that I have to, it's possible!
And now a miracle for the week.
Last preparation day, at the end of the day, I couldn't find my wallet. I wasn't really worried. I just figured it was in one of the cars I had been in. I went in one of the cars on Thursday, not there. Sunday I was in the other car. Not there. I hadn't been worrying up until that point, and even then I was still not freaking out but kind of starting to. That night I was saying my nightly prayer and asking that I would find my wallet and a thought came to my mind to call the hair place that we went to last week. I called the next day and they had it! And everything was in it! Heavenly Father is really looking out for his missionaries, and all of us for that matter.
And in other news: Sister Zaldivar came to visit! It was SO good seeing her and meeting her family! I have been so blessed on my mission and am so glad I have so much time left. I love you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super jealous of your pioneer garb. Ha!