Sunday, September 19, 2010

June 29





I don’t know what is more exciting…that I am finally in a SPANISH AREA!!!!!!!!!!! or that WE DON'T HAVE TO WEAR NYLONS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess i'll talk about that one first....at the mission president seminar they announced that we don't have to wear nylons anymore! Best day ever! 9 months is quite enough for me!
Ok but getting on to the real excitment! I am in a spanish are! La Rama Logan Heights. It's pretty much downtown San Diego. A different world from home, and my old area even. We meet in a school building. But the work is SO GREAT. Our branch President is SO INTO missionary work. It's so good to have his support. He wants us to baptise 4 people in the month of July. And 20 by the end of the year. There are 4 sets of missionaries in the rama. So that will be 80 baptisms by the end of the year. It's going to happen. I completely have the faith. Did i mention my companion and I are whitewashing into the area? That means that both missionaries who were there before got taken out so neither of us know anyone or the area. It's quite an adventure! It is so awesome though. We went to visit this member the other day and she's on the road talking to this lady that she just met and she invited us both over on Wednesday-what a great missionary!
My companion is awesome too! Her name is Sister Monarrez and she's from Chicago. I am so blessed with such great companions. She is an awesome missionary and she can speak spanish. What more could I ask for!? We are teaching this great family who are going to be baptised this Sunday. They saw their nephew change after his baptism and they want it for themselves. Awesome. The church is true. I love being apart of it. And this great work. I love you all.

No comments: