Saturday, September 11, 2010

May 4

Awesome awesome week. We had an amazing opportunity to have 4 firesides this week by Gladys Knight and Saints Unified Voices. She joined the church about ten years ago. And formed a choir where they sing all about Jesus Christ and the gospel and she bears her testimony and it is a great referral opportunity as well. She offers a free gift of a sampler CD, a Book of Mormon, and The Restoration DVD so we deliver those to the people who wanted them and they have already felt the spirit super strong and then we teach them and help them be baptised! I think we got about 600 referrals from this. Sister Zaldivar and I "worked" at it and were at the VIP entrance and we let very important people in! But that is also where the choir lined up before the fireside so we got to talk to all of them! One of them was a sister who served in Laconia for 9 months! in 1996. (I got her name and phone number but I forgot to grab it so i'll give it to you this week for Bishop Stephenson) It was so uplifting to see such an influential woman bear her testimony about our Father in Heaven. That was definitely the highlight of the week. Our area is still great. Our ward is so awesome and loves doing missionary work. I'm definitely going to be here for another transfer as Sister Zaldivar is leaving this transfer! Nooo! I dont know what it's like to be a missionary with out her! But she has trained me so well and I am ready to do it! OK well that's all! Talk to you on SUNDAY!

No comments: